My interest in wine actually began with a chance encounter. I was hooked after being present for an event held at a private restaurant that I was working at where I had the incredible opportunity to hear Pierre Lurton speak and taste some Cheval Blanc and Yquem. Shortly afterward I began collecting, going to tastings, reading, and attending "offlines" with a great group from Toronto. I came by this wonderful opportunity to work in Bordeaux at Chateau Camarsac for Thierry Lurton after making a connection through my boss while working at a wine retail shop in Calgary last summer. After a fairly grueling year in physics I'm ecstatic for what the next three months has in store for me.
1 Comment:
-
- Unknown said...
June 24, 2009 at 4:34 AMHey Ryan! Just stumbled onto the blog again and realized you are now in-country and posting. I'm looking forward to catching up on your adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)